Applications to the Northern Ireland Executive’s one-off grant of £25,000 to eligible businesses that have a Net Annual Value (NAV), of between £15,001 and £51,000 within the retail, hospitality, tourism and leisure sectors are now open.
Businesses must operate in a premises in the retail, hospitality, tourism or leisure sectors, in one of the following:
|Amusements||Garden Centre||Race Track|
|Arts Gallery||Golf Driving Range||Restaurant|
|Auction Mart||Harbour||Retail Warehouse|
|Bakery||Ice Rink||Riding School|
|Bingo Hall||Laundry||Shooting Range|
|Bowling Alley||Leisure/Gym/Fitness Centre||Shop|
|Camping Site||Museum||Sports Club|
|Car Wash||Office (in eligible sector)||Taxi Depot|
|Caravan Site||Outdoor Centre||Theatre|
|Cinema||Petrol Filling Station||Tourism Accommodation|
|Entertainment Centre||Play Centre||Visitor Centre|
|Exhibition Venue||Post Office|
|Funeral Parlour||Public House|
If you think your business should be eligible for the grant but does not appear on this list, contact the helpline on Tel: 0300 200 7809.
Businesses/properties excluded from this grant
The following businesses/properties are excluded from receiving the grant:
- Vacant properties.
- Public bodies.
- Premises used for manufacturing purposes.
- Properties with a rateable value of under £15,001 or over £51,000.
- Businesses which as of the 15 March 2020 were insolvent, about to file for insolvency, dissolved or about to be dissolved.
- Businesses that were dormant as of the 15 March 2020 – ie not trading but not insolvent.
- Businesses with multiple premises meeting the rateable value criteria outlined above will only be eligible for one grant of £25,000.
- Businesses who have already received a £10,000 grant under the Small Business Grant Scheme, and who have an additional property which falls within the £15,001 to £51,000 rateable value and meets the other eligibility criteria for the £25,000 Business Grant Scheme, are eligible to apply.
- Businesses that have already received the £10,000 grant and because of a revision of rateable valuation are now eligible for the £25,000 grant for this property will only be entitled to receive the balance of £15,000.
- For rental properties, the scheme is being designed to benefit the businesses and not the landlord or managing agent who is responsible for paying the rates. Landlords, managing agents and small businesses in this situation should not use the Business Grant Support online form to register for the scheme but should wait until a new online form for rental properties is made available.
How to access the £25,000 grant
If you think you are eligible for the £25,000 Business Support Grant, you should use the online application form to check initial eligibility details, apply for the grant, provide the necessary information to allow verification of eligibility and provide bank details for payment.
This is a summary of details provided on www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk See the website for full details and please get in touch with your usual contact at Baker Tilly Mooney Moore if we can help you in any way.